MommaMo

Monday, March 30, 2009

It's like a drug

It's like a drug. A bad one. A very addicting one. It's the housing itch. So many new houses for sale. That's not even including the new construction homes. Thomas and I have had quite a few talks lately about our lovely but getting little and full and cramped home. It's great for the three of us, but there are a few things that are needing some changes - soon. (1) Get the damn cat box out of the bathroom closet. Argh. (2) It would be nice to not have to put our Guiter Hero drumset in the office everytime we are done playing. If we don't, the cats chew all over it. (3) It would be nice not to leave Sadie's bouncer and jumparoo and blankies and boxes of toys to where you can't walk to the fish tank to turn the lights on. The list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong - I love our house. It's modern. It's comfortable. But with more people comes more stuff.... and unfortunately less room.

So we've been looking. I need a yard. I need a bathroom that I don't have to stradle the toilet or stand on it or stand in the tub in order to close the door. (Which explains why I never both to close the door in our master bath - NO FRICKING ROOM.) I need a laundry room where I can actually move with out hitting one of the four doors that are within elbows reach. I want a bigger kitchen. I love my kitchen now... but I can't fit anything else in there. And it's not very lending to entertaining guests because of the layout. We have found a few to narrow our search down to. Now it's the viewing, weighing all our options stage. Keep in mind this is all contigent upon selling our current home. Yes, home, not house. It's more than that. It's our first home together. We've put hours and hours and hours into this house fixing it up and laughing and watching movies and arguing over PlayStation games and cleaning the closet once every six months (maybe). You get the idea. So that's where we stand - in the middle of looking and trying to sell. Isn't that typical?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Just don't get a house that's too big for your britches, like a 4,000 square on. ;-) Good luck and have fun with it!

P.S. the word verification to post this comment is 'chest'. Ha!

March 31, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home