MommaMo

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I can't believe it

No, it's not "I can't believe it's not butter". I can't believe how fast Sadie is growing. It's crazy. I haven't weighed her at the breastfeeding center for quite some time, not even at home on our junk-o scale while holding her, then getting back on the scale without her (still scary) and doing the math. Well, I decided to tease my brain a little and did the math. Holy cow - after doing it three different times, I still got the same answer. She's at least 16 pounds and had at least one reading where it was 16.5 pounds. (I'd like to note that my scale is a piece of junk, isn't very consistent, and only displays weight in half pound increments. It's very finicking so if your feet are exactly centered or you are standing slightly leaning forward or backward, you get a different answer every time. Annoying, I know.) Can you believe it? 16 pounds! We joke that she has finally surpassed Red as being the fatty of the house... but then I weighed Red and he's in at 17 pounds. He still keeps the title of Fatty of the house... for now.

Also, Sadie has been gnawing and drooling buckets on everything in sight and/or within reach. It doesn't matter if it's your hand, her hand, or Blue's tail, if she can get she will try to eat it. She's getting really good at eating solid foods and loves trying to chew the spoon in half. A few of her favorite foods is bananas, peaches, and "apple oatmeal" - mixing the single grain oatmeal with 100% apple juice. It's so funny when you give her the first bite and she's not sure what flavor to expect. The expression on her face screams "What are you doing to me? What is this? Ew. Ew. Ew. Oh. This is good. I really like this. This is really good. More! More! More!" Then you can't shovel the food fast enough from the little bucket or jar to the spoon to her mouth before she tries to steal the spoon from you or starts eating her hands trying to get that last little bit off of her face into her mouth. As if the world will end in two seconds and there will be no more yummy food. ... Crazy girl... But she's the best and we love her to pieces. Even if she tries to attack us with her one tooth that is poking through the gums on the bottom in the middle.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home