MommaMo

Monday, January 19, 2009

Metal!

I would like to welcome everyone to the side of me that most people don’t know, and if they do, they don’t know very well. I wouldn’t say that I’m ashamed of this side, but it’s definitely been low key for the past few years.

I’m a metal head.

I love metal.

I’m not talking the physical metals, but the music. It deeply intrigues me. So technically profound. Most people say it’s just beating the drums really hard, thrashing on a guitar or bass, and lots of screaming. But it’s more than that. So much more. Here’s a view for you – could you play a metal song on guitar? How about on drums? Or sing/scream one metal song? Could you play through an album? Could you last through an entire show? Welcome to admiration. It’s fricking nuts how these artists put forth their talent(s).

I agree that metal is not for everyone. I also state that I am not fond of all types of metal, but I will give them a good listen. It’s one of those things that I’ll take if given, but not particularly as for type of things. But, man, can a few good metal tunes in a row really turn your mood around from sour to fuck the world to ah, that’s much better because I just drove home and left everything behind while double bass pedaling the floor near the brakes while on cruise control going down the highway while screaming some good lyrics. That’s what metal brings for me.

I am not particularly for the Satanic side of things, but I will listen to what people have to say. It’s a free country with free speech, so give people the minute they all deserve to voice their opinions and beliefs, regardless if those opinions or beliefs coincide or completely contradict your own.

So I invite everyone to maybe take a few minutes and do some research on iTunes or Rhapsody or whatever method you use to get your tunes to find some metal and give it a try. Believe me, not all metal sounds the same. So give a few different songs and different bands a try. Be careful though, you just might like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home