MommaMo

Sunday, February 8, 2009

My little SadieMo... and family.

The wait is almost over. Most people don't truly appreciate the idea of having family close. It's rough when they're not. It hits hard when I realized that I get to see my mom and my brother in just a few short days. It's been forever since I've seen them. Six months to be exact. (Minus Sean's overlay in December, but does 15 minutes count as a true visit?) Then I realized, after going through a stack of pictures, that it's been six months since my mom has seen Sadie. It's one thing to see pictures, but for as fast as Sadie is growing and learning, my mom's nearly missed everything. No interaction. No response of laughter heard from a picture. It's sad. Things shouldn't be that way, for anyone, anywhere, ever. I plan to remedy that with a trip in a few months to Florida. A good break for us in terms of work and routine, and a chance for the rest of my family to meet Sadie for the first time. Hopefully not the last for years and years, but perhaps we'll make a yearly Florida trip from here on out. Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but nothing can replace having her in your arms, playing, tooting, giggling, smiling, laughing, sneezing, sleeping, taking a bath, wiggling, rubbing her eyes, eating your hands, or looking at you with a big happy face full of wonder. That's my little SadieMo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home