MommaMo

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some time used wisely and a new program

Do I dare attempt a post? Yeah.... I'll give it a shot. Work has been crazy busy - and that's both jobs. At least Thomas and I have enjoyed as much of the weekend as we got together. We've done a bit of shopping at Grapevine Mills the other day. We bought Sadie some shorts and new shoes, which she has lready figured out how to undo the velcro and chew on her shoes when she gets her feet to her face. Yesterday, we met up with some friends for dinner and a movie at their house. It was a good just to get out, get away from the house and work, and relax and do something different than just coming home and eating dinner, watching tv, play with Sadie for two minutes, then off to bed for all of us. Today, we doodled around in Southlake for a few shops in there. It was a really nice day to be walking around outside. Sadie greatly enjoyed it.

On another note, I've started a new (yes, yet another) workout program. The husband of one of the ladies at my work is a personal trainer and holds group bootcamp sessions twice a week right after 5:00 pm, so there's no excuse for me not to go. I'm already there. I just have to change my clothes and actually leave my desk on time. (Which lately has been a little hard to do - STOP SNAGGING ME LAST MINUTE, PEOPLE!). I've gone to two sessions so far and I love it. I'm actually jogging. Yes, jogging. My big lump butt is jogging. I know I don't have a lump butt, but it emphasizes my point that I'm jogging. The last time I remember jogging or running was my freshman year of high school for my competitive soccer team. Yeah.... ten years ago. Ten stinking years. Holy crap. Now, don't assume that I've been a lazy turd since then - I have eight years of marching under my belt, and then a full summer of DCI marching... but never any jogging/running. The sessions are fun - lots of different exercises to make up a full body workout each time with weight training, resistance training, and cardio all rolled into one session. Awesome. I'll keep it up for at least the month that I paid for. Now the question is will I eat properly to help the weight loss effort along, or will I totally botch it and eat out and enjoy my Wing Stop once a week? Hehe. We'll see.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home