MommaMo

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas ... bla bla bla...

Yeah, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays... soon to be Happy New Year. Holy crap it's already 2009! Holy crap a whole year has gone by. I can't remember if I scratched my butt in the past year it's been that crazy. Being pregnant, having Sadie, playing with Sadie. Finishing my certificate as a half-masters type of deal. Thomas finishing his masters. Buying a new motorcycle. Wait... I digress. That list of stuff is for a post in a few days.

As for Christmas, it was great. It was our first Christmas together as a family and Sadie was a little over 4 months old. Can you believe it! Four months! And she's growing like a weed, and learning so fast. She can hold her bottle, reach for toys, she'll tell you a whole story (or quietly scream it, really). It's nuts. We got pictures with real Santa and then some with Santa Cow at Chick-Fil-A. Of course, we couldn't resist the cow costume from Halloween. She got so many cool toys and outfits. Spoiled already, I tell ya. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

It sucks we didn't get to go to Florida as previously planned, but maybe it was for the best. I'm not particularly fond of not seeing my family but once a year, if that. If it's more frequently, it's only one member at a time. Luckily, we did get to see my brother a week ago, even if it was for only 20 minutes. We should be seeing both him and my mom in February when he is done with boot camp, before he starts tech school. That will be a nice visit, granted Thomas and I aren't swamped at work. We'll see.

Overall, great Christmas. A few parties with friends, plenty of family gatherings for meals, board games, and movies. Now it's time to get back into the swing of things with work and daycare and what not. Especially with working out. I've sort of slacked off a bit in the past week or so. My excuse that is acceptable for some of that - I was sick. So was Thomas. So was Sadie. We all had crud stopped up in our heads. But now we are all clear, minus the occasional cough or so. Not too much to worry about though. As for exercise, I'm really trying to stick with it... but I don't know if I'll make my goal of 150 by January 1. I'll be really fricking close... but not quite. I'm planning to set small obtainable goals for the upcoming months to make it something not too unreasonable. For example, trying to go the gym everyday is great, but I get a bit burnt out, then stop going for a week. Now my approach is try to go 4 days a week. Whether it's a class (which I have found these easiest to commit to because they are scheduled at particular times) or just good old regular cardio somehow, or trying to get Thomas to join me to lift weights, something's gotta give in getting this going. Maybe once a routine gets going I can better stick with it. I'll be sure to comment more on this as the weeks go by.

For now, that's all I got. But more later in terms of a New Year's post/2008 recap. There's plenty to add to that post, so I'll be sure to add tons of info there. As if the internet really cares, but it's good to get it out there. For me at least, if not for anyone else.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home