MommaMo

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A mix-mash of events.... and Santa Cow

Lots of things have happened in the past week. Lots of unexpected things. Let me start my list....

1 - My brother Sean started Air Force boot camp in San Antonio on Wednesday. The Air Force flew him out on Tuesday. He didn't know until he was handed his plane tickets that he was having a short layover in DFW. He gave me a call and we arranged to pick him up from one flight to see him before he left for his next one down to San Antonio. Thomas, Sadie, and I drove out to the airport to chauffeur Sean from one terminal to the other. It was good to see him, even if it was for only 20 minutes. And he got to see his niece again. Aww. Sadie loves her Uncle Sean.


2 - Secret Santa party number 1. I am going to whine for a moment - doing a Secret Santa/White Elephant type of party requires GENDER NEUTRAL gifts. It irks me that somehow lotions and body sprays become familiar items. Buy a fricking gift card! Let's just say dudes with purses at the end of the night is a little bit scary. I wasn't too thrilled with my reed diffuser in sparkly gold vase for it. Thomas left with a t-shirt from some lawyer firm. I told him he now has a good workout shirt. Translation - it will never get worn.

3 - Secret Santa party number 2. Speaking of that sparkly gold vase reed diffuser... yes, I admit, I am a regifter. It saved my from buying some other gift. And, oddly enough, Thomas ended up with the gift card that we had brought. I went home with a Starbucks card. We all need those sometimes.

4 - Thomas was driving by a local Chick-Fil-A and read their sign - "Pictures with Santa Cow Dec 20 11 -2". Awesome. Funny, really, because Sadie was a cow for Halloween. So, as cheesey as we are, we dressed her up in her cow costume and got a picture or two of her with Santa Cow. We then undressed her to her regular clothes and got a "regular" picture with Santa Cow, although I'm not sure how "regular" Santa Cow is, but hey what the heck.


5 - Sadie got pictures with the "real" Santa. Well, at least the hick version. We went to Cabela's (think like Bass Pro Shop). So Santa had his big chair/sofa set up for pictures with a tree next to him ... with all the dead stuffed taxidermy deer and elk behind him. Kind of gross. Kind of creepy. But luckily you can't see them too much in the pictures. She didn't seem too afraid of Santa, but I think she's too young to be afraid of anything right now. She didn't fuss too much and we actually got her playing with Santa's jacket fuzzy cuffs in one of the pictures.


That's enough for now, although I am sure that I could continue on with a bazillion other things. I will spare your reading eyes. Just for now. Next time you might not be so lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home