MommaMo

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A special day has passed

Or at least it was a special day to me. December 9th, 2007. Yes, last year, I know. The day that I decided to take a pregnancy test after having a miscarriage the first attempt. I was nervous to say the least because I hadn't had a period since the miscarriage, although the doctors said that it might take some time for my body to recooperate. I admit we were still trying because it was something that both Thomas and I wanted. Well.... it came back positive. I was estatic. We decided not to tell anyone for a while for fear of having a repeat experience of the month or so earlier. The first people we told were my parents when we saw them for Christmas. We told them on Christmas Eve. They were happy for us. When we got back home, we told Thomas' family. They were happy too.

Fast forward a year... I have a sweet four month old Sadie MoPie. She makes me laugh at the smallest things and her biggest achievements as each day passes. She's already grabbing toys, being very alert, and talking up a storm when you play with her. She is such a happy baby. I write these blogs and take pictures for her Flickr page so I never forget these moments. But I will never forget the moment I found out I was pregnant with her over a year ago.

Side note - Yes, I did say four month old Sadie MoPie. She's now four months old! It's crazy. I can hardly remember if I slept in the past month - especially between working out a lot and hosting Thanksgiving, to playing with Sadie and starting a new job. Her first Christmas is around the corner and it's going to be a blast. She has no idea what's about to happen, although she did enjoy the lights on everybody's houses as we went on a walk earlier tonight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home