MommaMo

Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy and a new job

Is it possible to have been so busy really doing nothing? I guess so. I look back at last week and realize that all I did was go to the gym and go to one meeting for my new job (more on that later). How does a whole week go by doing only that? Oh... I didn't mention that I went to the gym every day, sometimes twice, for classes, strength training, and personal training appointments. Then came home and cleaned the house, played with Sadie, worked on a project for some Christmas presents that I'm making, and made dinner. Wheew.

In the world of Sadie-dom, I took all last week making sure she is comfortable with bottles again because that's what she'll be getting when she goes to daycare starting next week. I also have made sure she is good with formula in case I run out of supply for the day for her. She's good in both departments. No issues whatsoever. Ok, well, maybe one small - stinky, really - issue... gas. She can beat the biggest dude you can imagine on gas. And then she smiles and it's all adorable from there on out, regardless if your nostrils are burning or you may feel like you need to vomit in your mouth a little. That's my sweet little Sadie for you.

Now to details on my new job. First off, let my just point out that this is something that I have thought long and hard about in terms of working and having Sadie. I love being home with Sadie, watching her grow and be silly and changing diapers left and right. But my brain is going total mush. And as an educated person, I can't take much more of it. Neither can my wallet. I've been better, but when there is nothing to do around the house, and you've already went to the gym, shopping is all that is left. Don't get me wrong - I don't blow money left and right on total frivolous things... but there are all the small things here and there that I think I need that slowly gnaw my wallet to pennies. If I have a job, my brain will thank me and so will my wallet, in more ways than one.

The job itself is awesome (or so I hope, I'll update more next week after I have been there for a few days). I actually did the interview in the middle of September for the position. Played the waiting game since then because I was in no hurry to truly start with Sadie being so little. The company offered me the position and I start next week. Sadie will be 3.5 months, so I've been home to enjoy her for sure - to the point that my brain doesn't go total mush. I'll be doing environmental and GIS consulting type of work for an engineering consulting firm. Let me clarify why this is awesome to some extent - I'm not an engineer. I'm a biologist with GIS training. The company sees a lot of potential in how they can use me to their advantage in numerous projects that they are running and are looking to do in the future. Awesome.

And back to being busy.... I love writing in circles.... Thomas and I are hosting Thanksgiving this year for the immediate family and some of the grandparents are coming too. It'll be the first time they get to see Sadie. I have the camera ready to go. Hosting calls for more than just having the seats, plates, and silverware ready. It requires a full scrubdown of the house so people don't see how dirty it normally is. It requires that even the closets be somewhat orderly in case you need some random item of them and you need to actually get to it or, heaven forbid, ask someone else to venture into the depths of the messy closet to get it for you. To me, that's unacceptable. So my tasks over the next few days include a good scrubdown and a full organizing/cleaning up spree of the weirdest things - like closets and undersinks. But I have to give credit to hosting - it at least forces me to clean those places that would otherwise not ever be touched until some other big event or great great boredom sits in.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home