MommaMo

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving and Family

Yes... a typical post that I'm sure a bazillion people have made in some respect in regards to the holidays. Oh well. Here's my version.

We hosted Thanksgiving this year at our house. It was nice having family over - although a little cramped with 11 adults and two babies. But it all worked out. Despite ruining our turkey - before it was cooked. We left it out over night instead of putting it in the fridge to thaw. Now, don't get me wrong, we had it in one side of the sink in ice water that we were adding ice to every hour. But when we woke up Thursday morning ... poo. Luckily we had someone available to run to the store to get one that was not frozen and on our way we went. I found a recipe online that called for chicken broth and champagne. It was good and tender and juicy. Yummy. Now we have leftovers for a few days (which I'm sure most people do). My parents are sending me a packet of curry mix to make turkey curry because that is something we have always done with leftover turkey... and something that Thomas loves. I have never cooked it before myself, but we'll see how it goes.

We had our immediate family over and some grandparents. Unfortunately, some of our other grandparents were not able to make it because they were sick and didn't particularly want to drive four to five hours to meet people to make them sick. Thomas and I have decided that we will drive down to see them sometime soon. We took a few pictures last minute, but here's one of my favorites. It's a generation picture - four generations total. Awesome. Happy Turkey Day.


P.S. As for working out, I've gone just about everyday for either strength training, cardio, or a class (yoga, pilates, step, etc), minus a three day span in there when I was totally pooped and ended up cleaning the house. Does cleaning the house count? I think it should - vacuuming and sweeping on crack (aka super speed mode because I didn't allot enough time to do it all) is definitely a workout. My sister-in-law and I even worked out yesterday (Black Friday) for two hours straight in a mix of dance classes, pilates, yoga, resistance training, and cardio in general. It was awesome. But I'm not sure if I burned enough of that sweet potato casserole off yet. :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home