MommaMo

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Growing - inside and out

So sleep has been my enemy the past few nights. Not so much that I hate sleep, but more along the lines of the sleep that I am getting is crap. I don't mind waking up at 2 or 3 in the morning to feed Sadie and change her diaper. Especially because we've been putting her to bed by 9:30 or 10:00 and she sleeps till about 8 or 9 the next morning. So about 10 hours with waking up only once - I'll take it. The downside is I'm losing sleep. But I can't complain too much because the sleep before waking up and the sleep I get once she falls back aslepp hasn't been the greatest anyhow. All sorts of weird dreams and can't get comfortable in the bed, etc etc. Maybe I'll get Thomas to take over for a full night tonight since he has tomorrow off. Maybe then I can get some solid sleep. Maybe then he'll see what I go through every night. It's just one of those things that you don't get until you do it yourself. He hasn't been forced to experience it yet. That's gotta change.

On a lighter note, Sadie had some more rice cereal two nights ago. She's nuts. She knows the spoon is coming to her face and opens her mouth. Then immediately closes her mouth and turns her head real fast right as you are about to give her a spoonful and SPLAT on her cheeks it goes. Then she laughs because you are laughing and smiling. Oh - did I mention she laughs and giggles on a regular basis now? She is such a happy baby. Other times, she can be a super cranky baby when she has a huge gas bubble stuck - like the other morning when it sounded like Hell opened up in her bedroom and demons were screaming. I should have recorded it and sold it to cities to use as their warning sirens for tornadoes (or hurricanes.... haha, long story, another time). She loves eating her hands and trying to suck on her palms as if there's a nipple somewhere in there.

Did I mention how big she is getting? Her pajamas are a size 3-6 months and fit perfectly. No way that those are going to last on her until 6 months. I bought her some new socks because she kicks off all of the short ones. I have some that I really love and can't find them at any store. Poo. So I've been hunting for ones that she won't kick off. I ended buying a pack from Target, but they are size 6-12 months. And they fit. Slight elf toe, but not like she's sticking her feet into shoes and walking yet. Can you believe it?! Crazy! And she'll be 3 months tomorrow. Woohoo! Mini-birthday congrats to her!

Last but not least, I've been working out every day for the past two weeks - minus one day for a break (and the weather didn't allow me to walk). I've been walking on trails and at parks, hiking, at the gym on the elliptical cross-trainers, lifting weights, doing a lot of body resistance training. Awesome. I'm on the hunt for a pair of jeans that actually fit because the pair I bought two months ago are falling off my butt, even with a belt. The other pair of jeans that I have are sagging too - and those are the ones that I was wearing when I found out that I was pregnant with Sadie nearly a year ago. I'm so fricking proud of myself. Now I just need to keep it up and not eat crap and be lazy because I don't feel like it. I have so much more energy now that I have been constantly active. I love it. Now if only I can convince Thomas to join me in my activities.... yeah right. But a small hope never hurts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home