MommaMo

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wake up, go to sleep

So I've been awake for over 4 hours now, and it's only 9:00 am. Sad. I know. No, Sadie didn't wake me up. I just woke up and was awake. Normally I would say that that sucks, but I decided to make the best of it. So I checked on Sadie, and she decided to eat from 5:15 to about 5:40, then I got dressed and went to the gym. Yes, the gym. I got there a couples minutes after 6:00 am. I walked up the stairs to all the cardio equipment, got on an elliptical cross trainer, and went to town. I was actually awake, energized, and pumped up during the whole thing. Awesome. Plus, listening to an oldie but goodie Static X's Wiscons Death Trip cd, I was truly pumped. I didn't realize how fast my legs were going until I looked down at them. I was going about 160 strides per minute. Which is pretty darn fast without holding on. Some people go insane and go about 200 strides per minute. But they look like they are holding for dear life. Not my preferred style if you ask me. Then I did some core strength training. Go me.

I also plan on going walking this aftermoon. I've been pretty good about walking at least once every other day. A few days ago I was going to Chipotle for lunch. I walked there. No point in loading up Sadie in the car and driving the not even half of mile there. I don't even think it's a quarter of a mile. So I walked. It only took about 12 minutes or so. A few weeks ago I had to run to our city's permit building/water tower to get a permit for our shed. Yeah, I walked there too. That was maybe three quarters of a mile one way. I know walking isn't much compared to running eight miles a day or what not, but it's something. It's been time outside, away from the tv and internet (don't worry internet, I still love you), and it's been great taking Sadie with me. She really enjoys being outside. All the sights, sounds, smells, and sensations - she loves them. By the way, we are now 15+ days of 6.5 hours or more of solid sleeping at night. The past two nights I haven't even gotten up to check on her. And for the count, we are 3 days of 7.5 hours or more. Two nights ago was 9 hours straight! Woohoo!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Look at you go! It's just now 10:07 am and I'm in my pjs still! lol

November 6, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home