MommaMo

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A much needed break and bacon!

The past few days were a nice break from the usual. My brother flew in from his completed tech school with the Air Force and decided to stay with us for a few days instead of flying directly home. It was great and really good to see him again. And even better, he got to see Sadie again. Last time he saw her was February, and she has changed so much since three months ago. She's crawling, talking, giggling, showing her personality, eating everything in sight, and going crazy for the most part. Awesome.

On a quick side note, my veganism journey is going well.... but there have been many times lately that I begin to think about how much I used to love eating out at Chick-Fil-A. Oh how I miss you chicken! But I've been good and have not folded once. Not even for a quesadilla. (Although I do admit that last weekend I had a slice of veggie lover's pizza at a party that had cheese on it - it was a small skinny piece and there wasn't much else to eat, but I won't die so it's not the end of the world.) I'm still trying to perfect the skill of frying tofu - still unsuccesful to this point - I end up with small crouton like crunchy pieces. Argh. Oh well, keep trying. Also, I had tofu bacon this morning with my pancakes for breakfast - not too bad, but definitely needed syrup to get the right flavor.

As for our house, we're waiting to hear back about the plan changes that we had made and to get a copy of the plans in our hands so we can meet with the builder in the next week or so. After that, things should get rolling quickly - hopefully. I'll be sure to keep you posted. And in terms of selling our current house, we close in 11 days! Holy crap! Such a big feat in life. It'll be interesting.

Much more later, but for now I must attend to the biddings of the Mo!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Try freezeing ths tofu, then thawing it out. It's makes it chewier and yummy!

June 5, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home