MommaMo

Monday, November 3, 2008

Changing Times

Does anybody else get weirded out by the time change? It just puts me off kilter when one day it's daylight at 5:00 pm, whereas the next is pitch black by 5:00 pm. It makes me question if my clocks aren't three hours off or something. At least it's done over a weekend so everybody can have a day to adjust. How bad would it suck if it were between a Sunday and a Monday? Yuck. I can bet that a bajillion people would be late (or early, depending on which time change) to work.

So that brings me to a funny story about me from this time last year. Last year was the first year that the government had decided to extend daylight savings time. That was nice, a few extra days of extended daylight. Until you realize that you have one of those "smart" clocks that you've had for a few years now. Which by the way weren't updated to the new time changes. So, dummy me, I don't pay attention to when the time change is supposed to happen, I just relied on my clock. Well, that particular day I had to be at UTA (yes, on a Sunday... dumb class project) at 9:00 am. So I set my alarm to get up at 7:45 am to give myself time to shower, get ready, and drive out to Arlington. One of the other students in the class calls me at about 8:20 am, and asks where I am. I told her at home getting ready to leave. She told me that I was already 20 minutes late. I was like what?! Yeah, dummy, time change was last night. Stupid "smart" clock. Time for a new one obviously. So then I rushed my happy little butt up to UTA to finish the project. The professor make a remark about me being late, but then again he didn't say much past that because other people didn't even bother to show up at all. Funny thing is that the previous weekend I did the same thing about thinking I was on time for something, but was actually late. And that was just because I thought the event started later than scheduled.

On a side note, Sadie quite enjoyed the time change yesterday - she was out like a light by 9:30 pm tops. I was even able to put her in her bed and she slept until about 4:30 am without waking up once. Then I fed her, changed her diaper, and but her back to bed. And she was fine until "regular" wake-up time for the rest of the day, which today was around 9:00 am. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home