MommaMo

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What we love paying for

Yes, that's right, paying. No, not playing or praying. Paying. I have a gym membership to LA Fitness. I have for about three years now. Hardly used it at first. Then got a bit better at going when I was unhappy with myself in respect to my level of fitness and overall outlook on life. Things got a little better. Then got worse and I stopped going, but kept paying. I signed a contract for one year for a personal trainer. It was good the first few months when I was able to really make a weekly schedule and stick with it. Then school, jobs, and life in general changed. And my trainer left. So I had to switch to a new dude - no problem, the new trainer was good too. But I wasn't feeling like I was getting anywhere. Yes, the pounds were coming off and I started looking a bit better, but I wasn't too happy inside. And that's what really matters.

Then I got pregnant. Awesome! But that changes how you need to workout and do particular movements and stretches. So I switched trainers again. This time to a lady who had previously trained other pregnant women and who worked out a lot herself when she was pregnant with both of her two kids. So I was thinking this may work out a bit better. And boy did it! My trainer is awesome. I've been with her since last November. I even continued a contract for sessions with her, knowing I would have to take some time off when Sadie was born and start back up again. I've even met with her outside of the gym - she used to do a boot camp type of series in a local park. I did that until I was 38 weeks pregnant. I felt great. I had tons of energy. My pregnancy was near effortless and I contribute a lot of that to having stayed fit and active throughout. I've met with her at my house and her house for personal sessions as well. And I met with her today at the gym for one of the official sessions that I've been paying for and accumulating while I've been pregnant and away from the gym. Let me just say I love paying for someone to kick my butt for me. I love someone encouraging me to better myself. I love someone who makes me feel good about myself whether I'm near my goal weight and muscle toned body or not. I love paying for my trainer. But that's not all she is to me. It's sad to say, but I would not change it for the world - I love paying for my friend. Thanks Julie!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home